Service and Production Laser Engineer
As part of a small and passionate team, you will assemble, align and test complex free-space laser systems which facilitate the progress of the scientific knowledge worldwide. You will also support product maintenance and service.
1) Assemble and test mechanical and electronic components according to written procedures and engineering models, drawings and specifications.
2) Align complex laser configurations and characterize the laser beam properties. Operate various measurement instruments such as autocorrelators, beam profilers, spectrometers and power meters.
3) Service installed products remotely and on-site. Troubleshoot, diagnose and correct malfunctions by modification, rework, repair and/or maintenance. Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
4) Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for area of quality and efficiency.
The successful candidate shall have:
1) A Physics or Engineering University degree.
2) Basic computer skills such as Windows, Microsoft Office, etc..
3) Mechanical and electronic workshop experience
4) Strong verbal and written skills in English.
5) Readiness to travel including weekends if/when necessary.
Preference with also be given to candidates with the following skills:
6) Hands-on experience with lasers or experimental optical set-ups.
7) Programming with LabView and other similar technical software.